Opportunities and Problems with Digital Twins | Part One: Definition – What is This?
What are Digital Twins? The first problem we need to address is confusion about “what is a digital twin?” Despite what you might have heard, there is no single definition. Most people don’t ask, “what is a digital twin?” But they should. And, when we…
Risk and Uncertainty through Fantasy Football
Growing up, I loved math. I still do, but it started early. I was the kid who raced to get homework done and then went to help everyone else finish theirs. Somewhere in the ’90s, Fantasy Football started taking off, and it was a great…
Has Your Stupidity Level Gone Up? The Answer is Yes! But Here is What You Can do About It.
Making Better Decisions in Three Steps This is not your fault. Covid-19 has damaged your brain. Now, we’re not declaring the virus kills brain cells. We mean everyone in our society has seen a decline in their decision-making ability due to stress caused by the…
The Great Texas Freeze – Beyond the Flaw of Averages
The Great Texas Freeze – Beyond the Flaw of Averages A reminder of why we systematically underestimate risks and how to read the news We have long suggested Sam Savage’s book, The Flaw of Averages. It is a start at understanding why you should ignore…
- Data’s Hotel California: Open Systems vs. Walled Gardens
- Lone Star Analysis Expands Office Space to Accommodate Continued Growth
- Lone Star Analysis Announces Norwegian Subsidiary, Lone Star Analysis AS
- Lone Star Analysis Vice President Laurie Cummins Announced as National Defense Industrial Association’s 2022 Awards Chairperson
- Lone Star Analysis Secures Direct to Phase II Small Business Innovation Research Contract