This policy, together with other documents, defines how we collect and process personal data we collect from you. At Lone Star, we want to protect and respect your privacy.
By visiting our websites or by filling out our forms, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in these policies. You have a right to expect we will use your information for business purposes related to our interactions with each other. You have a right to expect we will protect your information, and that we won’t sell or share it with others, outside the business purposes we describe here.
Personal information collected on our sites may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Lone Star or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities. If you are using our Sites to make an application to us or as part of your employment relationship with us, your information may be shared for legitimate business needs to our service providers who may do processing in other countries that may not have the same data protection standards as those in your country of residence. You are exporting your data to the United States when you send us your information.
You waive any rights not conferred by this policy, or by Texas Law.
- Information we may collect from you; We may collect and process the following categories of data about you: Information you give us. This is information about you which you give us by filling in forms, interacting with the website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you sign up to our newsletter service, apply for employment, make an enquiry about our company, events, publications, courses, products and services or log a support ticket.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, as well as preliminary information about your business. Applicants for employment and employees must provide a wide range of personal and professional information, including resumes, salary, education, prior employment, passport number, expatriate status, health and insurance information, banking data, and other information.
You are not required to provide any of this information, but if you do not, we may not be able to provide you the requested service, offer you employment, or complete your transaction
We do not knowingly collect information from children and do not target or direct our Sites to children.
- Information we may collect about you: This is information we collect automatically about your visit during your time on the Site. It typically involves technical information and is often collected using small data files called “cookies”. This information helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse the Site and also to indicate where the Site requires improvement.
- Information we may receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate. This policy applies to those sites as well as this one.
This also includes information we receive from third parties, such as business partners, sub-contractors in technical services, background investigations, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and others. We may not always notify you when we receive information about you from them.
In all three cases, we (or third parties) may store data in secure servers and cloud accounts. We will notify you if we become aware of a breach of our systems which might have included data about you.
Cookie and Analytics Policy
Our website uses Google Analytics and other similar services to collect information about how visitors use our website.
- Information about cookies; A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers which, if you agree to their use, is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or device. They contain information which is transferred to your hard drive.
Cookies we may use include:
Necessary cookies. These cookies are required for the operation of the website and security.
Analytical cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize and count visitors to the website and to see how they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the website works.
- The cookies we use vary.
- How you can block cookies; You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. This may limit your ability to use the website. Our website may also provide the option to opt out of cookies under some circumstances.
Social Media Platforms Policy
We operate on several social media platforms. We do not control these platforms which are, in most cases, operated outside of the EU and do not comply with current Data Privacy Act or GDPR provisions although some conform to certain US, California, New York or Texas regulations.
If you send us personally identifiable data via these platforms, we have the right to use the data in the same manner described in this policy. Essentially, we treat this as if you had filled out one of our forms, or responded on our website.
- Uses made of the information; All information about you which we collect or receive, whether of a personal or technical nature, may be used by us in these ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services you request from us;
- To promote you if you are a supplier, subcontractor, or Subject Matter Expert we want to work with in support of our customers;
- To consider you as an employee or to offer you employment.
- To comply with other lawful obligations including but not limited to regulatory obligations of our company.
- To comply with our record keeping and information storage obligations and policy;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we, or our selected partners, offer which are similar or relevant to those which you have already purchased or enquired about, such contact will only be made by email or phone from which you can opt out at any time;
- To notify you about changes to our services;
- To administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, system and security updates, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve the Site to ensure content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be used to identify you. Anonymized information is not considered personal information and is therefore not subject to this Policy. We may collect, use and share anonymized information for any purpose.
- Disclosure of your information; There are a few circumstances which may lead to your information being shared.
We may share your information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, or related entities.
- Business partners, customers, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter with them or you;
- Analytics and search engine providers who assist us in the improvement and optimization of the Site;
- Third party support services, such as, but not limited to project management tools, accounting systems and hosting data center.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our clients will be one of the transferred assets;
- To protect our rights, property or safety, or, those of your own, or those of our clients or others.
- Where we store your personal data; Information you provide to us may be stored on our, or our selected business partners’, servers. We will take reasonable steps to protect your information in accordance with this policy, including (without limitation):
- Installing a secure firewall;
- Using anti-virus protection software;
- Encrypting data; and
- Carrying out regular back-ups.
Any data sent via website forms may be passed through a third-party relay service. This may be retained in accordance with their (or our) retention polices. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to the Site; and any such transmission is at your own risk. Not all transmissions may provide encryption in transit (encryption in motion). Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
- Your other rights; In addition to other rights already described, you have the following rights with respect of your personal information:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal information which is completely fulfilled by our disclosures within this policy;
- The right to request inaccurate or incomplete information about you is corrected;
- The right to request that we restrict the use of your information;
- The right to obtain and reuse some information which we have about you for your own purposes as we deem reasonable;
Should you wish to exercise any of these rights, you may do so at any time by writing to us. In some cases, we may charge a small fee of no more than $500 to offset a portion of our administrative costs. We generally do not do this, and we do not charge any fee for responding to initial inquires. We may, under some circumstances waive a portion of this fee, although we are under no obligation to do so.
The website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You may be entitled to object to certain types of processing activities involving your personal information, including where we are relying on a legitimate interest to process your personal information or where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue to process your personal information in which case we are not obliged to comply with your request.
LAST UPDATED; June 2018