Why Are 21st Century Polls So Hard?
Why Are 21st Century Polls So Hard? We were recently asked if we do polling to collect data for our analytics. The answer is “yes” but people are too polite to ask some other questions they wonder about. This blog is for those nice folks…
The Streetlight Effect and What You “Know That Ain’t So”
The Streetlight Effect and What You “Know That Ain’t So” Anyone in the analytics of investments or economics knows The Big Short which quotes a Tolstoy line: “…the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that…
How Can I do Advanced Analytics in the Face of Uncertainty?
How Can I do Advanced Analytics in the Face of Uncertainty? (Everyone is uncertain, whether they know it or not) One thing the Covid-19 epidemic has done is teach us all a lesson about uncertainty. Everyone doing Business Intelligence (BI) analytics is wondering if old…
What if I Don’t Have Historical Data? – Advanced Analytics When Your Data Lake is Dry
What if I Don’t Have Historical Data? Here are three ways Lone Star does advanced analytics even when your data lake is dry The rise of Business Intelligence (BI) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) have been powerful. But even good things can bring unintended negative consequences….
- Data’s Hotel California: Open Systems vs. Walled Gardens
- Lone Star Analysis Expands Office Space to Accommodate Continued Growth
- Lone Star Analysis Announces Norwegian Subsidiary, Lone Star Analysis AS
- Lone Star Analysis Vice President Laurie Cummins Announced as National Defense Industrial Association’s 2022 Awards Chairperson
- Lone Star Analysis Secures Direct to Phase II Small Business Innovation Research Contract