Data’s Hotel California: Open Systems vs. Walled Gardens
There are plenty of fibs and outright lies in business. You might know the “Three Great Lies” with number three being, “the check is in the mail.” We say the “Fourth Great Lie,” happens when customers say they have all the data we need in…
Lies, Damn Lies, and Covid Statistics
Writing about bad analytics in the age of Covid is easy; embarrassingly easy. Since Lone Star has published several assessments around the epidemic, we’ve had our share of problems. As 2021 comes to an end, it seems worth looking back over the last two years…
Why Are 21st Century Polls So Hard?
Why Are 21st Century Polls So Hard? We were recently asked if we do polling to collect data for our analytics. The answer is “yes” but people are too polite to ask some other questions they wonder about. This blog is for those nice folks…
- Lone Star Analysis Earns Recognition in Dallas Business Journal’s 2022 Middle Market 50 Awards
- Lone Star Analysis Earns Spot on Tech Titans’ 2022 Fast Tech List for Third Consecutive Year
- Lone Star Analysis Earns Recognition in Dallas Business Journal’s 2022 Best Places to Work Awards
- Lone Star Analysis Earns Recognition in 2022 SMU Cox Dallas 100 List
- Competitive Intelligence – How Good Can it Be?